"Despite all the reasons to move to the cloud, actually procuring the services is often a vexing challenge. And the reason for the challenge isn’t necessarily the cloud itself. “The technology piece is the easy piece. You need to get people to understand what the cloud really is,” said Hiers, Project Director of Enterprise Services for the Army’s Program Executive Office for Enterprise Information Services at the GovLoop, Vion and Hitachi Data Systems’ federal cloud procurement event.
There has been on-going discussion regarding the alignment of cloud computing services to a range of European policy objectives. This paper provides an outline of key legal and regulatory aspects arising from recent calls for establishing a Europe-only cloud. After covering the background to such calls, it outlines the policy objectives that may underlie the Europe-only cloud proposals.
1) What is a cloud computing SLA?
2) What should I look for before I agree to a cloud SLA?
3) How much downtime is too much?
4) What if my provider isn't meeting the SLA expectations? And how do I know?
5) What about compliance? What regulations do I need to meet?